Top 3 Reasons Toddlers & Preschoolers Need Swim Lessons
Whether a beginner or a more skilled little fish, research shows that swim lessons offer preschoolers amazing physical, social and mental health benefits. Here are my top 3 reasons why toddlers and preschoolers should be enrolled in swim lessons: Drowning Prevention
- Swim lessons reduce risk of drowning by 88% (National Institutes of Health). Read how Swim Lessons Save Lives
- Drowning is the leading cause of death in children ages 1 to 4 years old (U.S. Centers for Disease Control).
- Children who participate in swim lessons achieve a wider range of skills earlier (Griffith Institute for Educational Research).
- This includes boosts in physical, visual, motor and oral skills as well as gains in literacy and numeracy proficiency (Griffith Institute).
Mental Health Benefits
- Swim classes boost self confidence by allowing preschoolers to accomplish goals, overcome fears and increase self-sufficiency (USA Swimming).
- Preschoolers who exercise (swim) regularly are more likely to feel good about their bodies, sleep better and have a positive outlook (KidsHealth).